Do you want something fresh, nutritious for lunch, but also filling? This chickpea salad is will satisfy all of your needs.
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 1 large cucumber, seeds removed, chopped in cubes
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 3-4 coriander leaves
- 3-4 parsley leaves
- ½ green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- lemon juice, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handfuls of croutons or 1 slice of wholemeal bread
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place in a bowl. Add the cucumber, herbs, chilli and red onion.
- Gently toss to combine. Season with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste.